If you were to travel back in time to an age when dinosaurs roamed the Earth, you'd have plenty of things to fear. Dinosaurs that ruled the land were often massive, and the oceans were dominated by creatures just as fearsome. The skies had their own fair share of impressive beasts, and newly-discovered fossils are helping to hammer that point home in dramatic fashion.
A new study published in the Journal of Vertebrate Paleontology describes an ancient airborne reptile so huge it would rival some small airplanes today. The species, named Cryodrakan boreas, means "Frozen Dragon of the North," just to give you an idea of the kind of creature we're talking about.
BGR Top Deals:
- Cuisinart cast iron cookware is down to rock-bottom prices on Amazon, today only
- Get $10 back for preordering Pokemon Sword for Nintendo Switch, and another $10 for Pokemon Shield
Trending Right Now:
- Marvel’s next ‘Avengers’ project is already in the works, but it’s not what you’d expect
- Goodbye, cable: Here are all the streamers you can get for $60/month, including Apple TV+
- The 10 best new features of Apple’s new iPhone 11
Massive flying reptiles once dominated the skies in North America, new fossils reveal originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 10 Sep 2019 at 23:24:35 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.