If appearance alone is any guide, Amazon spared no expense on the sumptuous, evocative sets and costumes it prepared to build the fantasy world of its new series Carnival Row -- which introduces viewers to magical creatures, a fictional Victorian-era city and a story that, to say the least, has a lot going on. Packed into the narrative is a potent mix of magic, crimes to be solves, politics, the treatment of migrants and immigrants as well as an uneasy balance between fairies and humans, and whether you're ultimately a fan or not, the show seems to have served Amazon's purpose, based on at least one metric.
According to fresh data about what shows viewers have been watching the most across the major streaming platforms over the past week, Amazon's Carnival Row is at the top of the list.
BGR Top Deals:
- Cuisinart cast iron cookware is down to rock-bottom prices on Amazon, today only
- Get $10 back for preordering Pokemon Sword for Nintendo Switch, and another $10 for Pokemon Shield
Trending Right Now:
- Marvel’s next ‘Avengers’ project is already in the works, but it’s not what you’d expect
- Goodbye, cable: Here are all the streamers you can get for $60/month, including Apple TV+
- The 5 biggest announcements from today’s Apple event
15 most-watched shows from Netflix, Amazon, and other top streaming services this week originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 10 Sep 2019 at 22:15:23 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.